Like a time capsule or even an insurance policy for music… from the present day right back to my earliest memories of my fondest songs and music… so if I was to ever fall into dementia these lasting first songs, embedded into the auditory cortex of the brain, would be a way to reach out and still connect to family.
Many friends and music artists got in touch after the radio show, so we decided to reach out to others too and begin collating their words and playlists to put online for you.
* Frank Cottrell-Boyce (Screenwriter / Novelist)
* Hayden Thorpe (Artist – Wild Beasts)
* Lloyd Vaughan (Alzheimer’s Research UK)
* Neil Arthur (Artist – Blancmange / Near Future)
* Lone Lady (AKA Julie Campbell – artist / producer / musician)
* Matt Johnson (The The / Vocalist/ Songwriter / Soundtrack Composer)
* Kirsteen McNish (Arts and Event Producer “Awake But Always Dreaming” 2016 and “People and Place” at RIBA, London 2016)
* Bill Drummond (Artist / Musician / Writer / Producer )
* Gazelle Twin (AKA Elizabeth Bernholz – Artist / Producer / Composer)
* John Foxx (Ultravox! Founder / Electronic Pioneer / Artist / Graphic Designer)
* Will Burns (Poet / Writer / Faber & Faber)
* Jonathan Barnbrook (David Bowie Graphic Designer / Typographer / Film Maker)
* Shelly Love (Choreographer / Film Director)
* Gary Numan (Singer / songwriter / musician)
* Lavinia Greenlaw (Award winning writer / poet / filmmaker)
* Stephen Mallinder (Cabaret Voltaire / Wrangler)
…more coming very soon!